Vous n'êtes pas inscrit à l'annuaire des membres ? Inscrivez-vous

[médecine] Help in the French medical system

Aller en bas • 3 réponses
abourreem
Jeune Bizut

Enregistré : 30/01/2012
Posté le 30/01/2012 � 12:15 notnew
Hi,
I am a German physician (Human Genetics) with focus on research, but do also teaching and genetic counseling). I got a job offer in France, an MCU-PH. What is this? I have been told, it is on the level of assistent professor and is a stable position (once one passes the first year). Is this true? Is there an idea about the salary or other advantages (and disadvantages) of this position?
Since I cannot speak French at all, maybe a chose the wrong forum for my question. I would be greatful if you then give me a tip about the place I can ask my question.
Best regards,
Abourreem
sandrine7811
Sainte Administratrice

Enregistré : 09/03/2005
Posté le 30/01/2012 � 21:35 notnew
we can try to help you

my english isn't very good but i'll try !

in public university, there are several status :

MCU-PH in french "maitre de conférence-praticien hospitalier", an MCU-PH is both teaching and researching at university and he works in hospital

and PU-PH, witch is a university professor And an hospital professor
_____
Super Modératrice des forums Remede
Chieuse, bornée, bavarde, casse pied, super sympa parfois,... dites pas que je vous ai pas prévenus !

SM sans duplo... et sans potager !!!
Lia1313
Jolie Chef de pique-nique

Enregistré : 27/10/2009
Posté le 31/01/2012 � 19:33 notnew
Hi,
I am a German physician (Human Genetics) with focus on research, but do also teaching and genetic counseling). I got a job offer in France, an MCU-PH. What is this? I have been told, it is on the level of assistent professor and is a stable position (once one passes the first year). Is this true? Is there an idea about the salary or other advantages (and disadvantages) of this position?
Since I cannot speak French at all, maybe a chose the wrong forum for my question. I would be greatful if you then give me a tip about the place I can ask my question.
Best regards,
Abourreem

MCU-PH is indeed an assistant professor position (one level down from professor) and will almost certainly include 3 activities: research, teaching and clinical practice. I would think the teaching can be in English, but I'm not sure how you will handle patient consultations without speaking any French! Does the offer include intensive language training?

You can get an idea of salaries here, although I'm not sure how they would grade you, based on your experience outside France. The site I linked to only covers the hospital part of your salary, so you would probably earn more depending on the number of teaching/research hours you carry out.

Hope this helps. I'm afraid I don't know of another forum to recommend!
MartinCallum
Jeune Bizut

Enregistré : 21/06/2022
Posté le 21/06/2022 � 19:50 notnew
I want to learn about and research about human genetics too. However, I just spend all my time offering online assignment help that I have no time for researching about this. However, my interest remains and I want to somehow make time.
_____
asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf

Aller en haut • 3 réponses
livreslivrescontactspublicationstwitter